Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Matthew Agren <ma...@riskanalyticsinc.com> on 2001/03/02 20:24:50 UTC

Re: Method for best resolution of images in PDF

Rob and Chetan,
         The PNG format currently is the best of high quality images in
fop. Be aware that Fop 0.17.0 has problems with PNG images. I recommend Fop
0.16.0. Also make sure you download jimi from sun and place the
JimiProClasses.zip in your class path.

Sun's jimi download page
  http://java.sun.com/products/jimi/

Good luck!

At 06:42 PM 2/23/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Yes, I am also having the same issues. Please do let me know if the image
>quality inside the PDF could be improved.
>
>-Chetan
>
>Robert Amerine wrote:
>
> > When I include a GIF image in fop, the resulting PDF poorly displays the
> > image.  Is there any way to improve the image quality in the PDF?  What
> > about fop's PDF image compression settings?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > --
> > Robert W. Amerine
> > Risk Analytics Inc.
> > Denver, CO

Matthew Agren
Developer of Creative Solutions to Technical Problems
Risk Analytics Inc.
Denver, Colorado
http://www.riskanalyticsinc.com

Re: Method for best resolution of images in PDF

Posted by Eric SCHAEFFER <es...@free.fr>.
You can also use JAI (need to change a few lines in
org.apache.fop.image.FopImageFactory, and compile).
JIMI has some bugs...

Eric.