Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gedaliah Wolosh <gw...@njit.edu> on 2005/01/19 20:24:55 UTC

Autodeploy webapps in user directories

I am setting up a tomcat server for students to develop and demo their
web applications.

I need web applications deployed and/or redeployed automatically when

1) ~/my_tomcat is created with a web application.

2) ~/my_tomcat/WEB-INF/web.xml changes

3) ~/my_tomcat/WEB-INF/classes changes

I have the following in my server.xml --

    <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"

       <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.startup.UserConfig"
          directoryName="my_tomcat"
          userClass="org.apache.catalina.startup.PasswdUserDatabase"/>

Application in ~/my_tomcat are deployed on startup only. How do I get
automatic deplyment in user directories?

Thanks

Gedaliah Wolosh
University Computing Systems