Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Alice K <al...@hotmail.com> on 2002/11/24 04:22:49 UTC

Latest James candidate release

As your guys suggested, I just grab the latest one to update james server.

The machine is Win2K and running the JDK 1.4.

>From the James readme.txt, it indicates

"Note for JDK1.4 users, please remove xerces.jar from Phoenix's lib dir.
This is because JDK 1.4 comes with xerces, and Phoenix may object to two
versions in the classpath."

I could not find where the "Phoenix's lib dir" is? Also, I could not find
"xerces.jar"?

Alice

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Alice,

If it runs, don't worry about it.  I have the latest build with JDK 1.4.1
and didn't have to do anything special (on linux).

The "Phoenix lib dir" is <install-dir>/lib/.

	--- Noel