Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com> on 2019/09/05 07:53:09 UTC

New committer Cesar Hernandez

The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache TomEE has invited Cesar to
become a committer and we are pleased to announce that he has accepted.

Cesar started contributing about a year ago.
Aside from examples, he contributed a lot on the documentation which is
always something to improve especially in the open source world.

When I started 10 years ago, a good friend of mine told me that in open
source projects, it's 50% contributor's responsibility to do well, and 50%
our responsibility committers and PMC to make sure they can.

I must say Cesar over performed in this area. In the last 6 months he has
been the most active contributor on the mailing list. He also reviewed a
large amount of PRs and he's been key to help new contributors contribute.

We all think he deserves becoming a TomEE committer and we are glad he
accepted.

Being a committer enables easier contribution to the project since there is
no need to go via the patch submission process. This should enable better
productivity. Being a PMC member enables assistance with the management and
to guide the direction of the project.

Please join me and send him a warm welcome and thank you.
--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro

Re: New committer Cesar Hernandez

Posted by Alex The Rocker <al...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Cesar!

Alexandre

Posted by Alex The Rocker <al...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Cesar!

Posted by Marco Ferreira <ma...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Cesar!!!

--
AAte

Atenciosamente,

Marco Ferreira
[image: https://]about.me/m.ferreira
<https://about.me/m.ferreira?promo=email_sig&utm_source=product&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=gmail_api>

Re: New committer Cesar Hernandez

Posted by Marco Ferreira <ma...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Cesar!!!

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
Welcome on board Cesar!

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
Welcome on board Cesar!

Posted by Cesar Hernandez <ce...@gmail.com>.

--
Atentamente:
César Hernández.

Re: New committer Cesar Hernandez

Posted by Cesar Hernandez <ce...@gmail.com>.

--
Atentamente:
César Hernández.

Re: New committer Cesar Hernandez

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Cesar!

Posted by David Jencks <da...@gmail.com>.
Well deserved indeed!  I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone as active helping others in a project!  I’ve been extremely impressed for a long time!

David Jencks

Posted by David Jencks <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <db...@tomitribe.com>.

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.
congrats! :)
Am Donnerstag, den 05.09.2019, 10:13 +0200 schrieb Thomas Andraschko:
> congrats!
> Am Do., 5. Sept. 2019 um 09:53 Uhr schrieb Jean-Louis Monteiro <
> jlmonteiro@tomitribe.com>:
> The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache TomEE has invited
> Cesartobecome a committer and we are pleased to announce that he has
> accepted.
> Cesar started contributing about a year ago.Aside from examples, he
> contributed a lot on the documentation which isalways something to
> improve especially in the open source world.
> When I started 10 years ago, a good friend of mine told me that in
> opensource projects, it's 50% contributor's responsibility to do
> well, and 50%our responsibility committers and PMC to make sure they
> can.
> I must say Cesar over performed in this area. In the last 6 months he
> hasbeen the most active contributor on the mailing list. He also
> reviewed alarge amount of PRs and he's been key to help new
> contributors contribute.
> We all think he deserves becoming a TomEE committer and we are glad
> heaccepted.
> Being a committer enables easier contribution to the project since
> there isno need to go via the patch submission process. This should
> enable betterproductivity. Being a PMC member enables assistance with
> the management andto guide the direction of the project.
>
> Please join me and send him a warm welcome and thank you.--Jean-Louis
> Monteirohttp://twitter.com/jlouismonteirohttp://www.tomitribe.com
--
Richard Zowalla, M.Sc.Research Associate, PhD Student | Medical Informatics

Hochschule Heilbronn – University of Applied SciencesMax-Planck-Str. 39 D-74081 Heilbronn phone: +49 7131 504 6791mail: richard.zowalla@hs-heilbronn.deweb: http://www.mi.hs-heilbronn.de/

Re: New committer Cesar Hernandez

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.
congrats!

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Cesar!

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.
congrats!

Posted by David Salter <we...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Cesar. Well deserved :)

Posted by Thiago Veronezi <th...@veronezi.org>.
Congrats Cesar!
You rock, bud!

[]s,
Thiago

Posted by Daniel Dias Dos Santos <da...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Cesar, very happy for you.  : )

Posted by Ivan Junckes Filho <iv...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Cesar!

Posted by Michael Redlich <mp...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations, Cesar!  That's awesome!

Posted by David Salter <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <db...@tomitribe.com>.