Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/09 15:26:15 UTC

[VOTE] Release Airflow 1.8.0 based on Airflow 1.8.0rc2

Dear All,

I have made the SECOND RELEASE CANDIDATE of Airflow 1.8.0 available at: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/airflow/ <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/airflow/> , public keys are available at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/airflow/ <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/airflow/> . It is tagged with a local version “apache.incubating” so it allows upgrading from earlier releases.

Two issues have been fixed:

* Cgroups issue
* kwargs issue in PrestoOperator

As these issues are confined to a very specific area I would also like to raise a VOTE for releasing 1.8.0 based on release candidate 2, i.e. just renaming release candidate 2 to 1.8.0 release. This is taking into account that Alex has an open issue, but it cannot be confirmed by others.

Please respond to this email by:

+1,0,-1 with *binding* if you are a PMC member or *non-binding* if you are not.

Thanks!
Bolke

My VOTE: +1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Release Airflow 1.8.0 based on Airflow 1.8.0rc2

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jeremiah, that is indeed the right location. I ended up fixing the issue differently, by cutting of the fractional seconds for an execution date as that might have operational consequences elsewhere I cannot oversee and is in line with earlier releases.

I have fixed the issue with trigger_dag in PR: https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/2064 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/2064> , please have a look and +1.

@Alex were you able to dive into your issue? I prefer to have it solved and we have a time window now. However, I would still like to have some more details to help you debugging.

Bolke

Posted by Jeremiah Lowin <jl...@apache.org>.