Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Anoop Mohan <li...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/28 05:03:55 UTC

Shared Guest Network and VR in CloudStack

Hi All,

Created Shared Guest Network offerings with virtual router (only DHCP
services ) and without virtual Router. Both are working as expected.

In both cases I'm not able to get IP Address for VM's  under the particular
VLAN.Even I can't ping Gateway, external DNS etc .But outside the
CloudStack I'm able to get IP Address for that particular subnet
.Interestingly when I tried changing the Network of VM manually  from
Default Network  (one created by CloudStack when create Guest VM's )  to
 labeled NW  guest-vlanid it starts working.

CloudStack Setup

Version 4.2.1

Hypervisor xen server 6.2 with 9 NICs 1st  Man Traffic/Public Traffic ,
rest all Guest Traffic with Tagged VLAN's

Advanced Zone - Total 9 Physical Network  with Network Label and tags

Created Network offerings and Guest Network for each Guest VLAN

Use case is most of the Guest VLAN's doesn't need VR to provide DNS /DHCP
Services.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anoop Mohan