Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by German Gonzalez <ge...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/28 16:55:46 UTC

Fast Performance

Dear All,

I have to make many reports from the same XSL with different XML as
data repository, I need a good performance because the size of reports
is big.

I'm already loading the unique stylesheet into memory, however I need
more speed on the creation of the PDF itself (FOP parsing, creation).

Any help is really appreciate it

Kind Regards,

German Gonzalez

Re: Fast Performance

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
German Gonzalez wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have to make many reports from the same XSL with different XML as
> data repository, I need a good performance because the size of reports
> is big.
>
> I'm already loading the unique stylesheet into memory, however I need
> more speed on the creation of the PDF itself (FOP parsing, creation).
>
> Any help is really appreciate it

Well use of tables is expensive, so use other constructs where possible.
Create multiple page-sequences where possible. It may also be worth
trying the latest code from the maintenance branch as the table code has
been tweaked to improve memory usage for tables (which will also improve
speed a bit)

Using latest possible also helps performance.

Chris

Re: Fast Performance

Posted by Renan Collin <re...@cybertech.fr>.
In fact, we use true type font and we added in PDFRenderer an hashMap
which has the mapping between the characters and their unicode, so when
the hashMap contains the character, we extract the corresponding unicode
to render, else we let the conversion method doing her job.
Hope this will help

Renan

Victor Mote a �crit:

RE: Fast Performance

Posted by Victor Mote <vi...@outfitr.com>.

Re: Fast Performance

Posted by Renan Collin <re...@cybertech.fr>.
Hi,

Re: Fast Performance

Posted by David Gagnon <dg...@siunik.com>.
Check the slide from the last conference

vailable from here:
> > http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/Eu2005OnlineSessionSlides
> >
> > FOP lives!  :-)
> >
> > Jeremias Maerki