Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Peter Neubauer <pe...@yahoo.se> on 2003/11/29 20:20:43 UTC

.sar-goal?

Hi,
I'm trying to deploy a module as an MBean to jboss. It seems that I have to
create a .sar file that contains the .jar and some jboss-service.xml. Is
there any plugin like the .ear, .war etc. plugins that supports this?

Thanks for a great product - the Wagon plugin will take maven everywhere. We
are already using a borland-cpp-builder plugin for a project, and the
benefits of maven over any commercial building product are huge!

/peter

Re: .sar-goal?

Posted by khote <kh...@mminternet.com>.
This is how I've done it, kludging around with artifact:install.  This was
for a HibernateService project, which comes with MBean
Command lines are imitations of jar: goals,
maven sar:sar
maven sar:install
maven sar:deploy

You can use jboss:deploy to deploy your sar from the repository or from your
dest.dir, but of course the next time JBoss restarts the deployment will no
longer exist ... that's why my deploy just copies into the
$JBOSS_HOME/server/(conf)/deploy

  <goal name="sar:sar"
        description="Create the deliverable SAR file.">
    <attainGoal name="jar"/>
    <!-- Rename the .jar to .sar -->
    <j:set var="maven.sar.final.name"
value="${maven.build.dir}/${maven.final.name}.sar"/>
    <move file="${maven.build.dir}/${maven.final.name}.jar"
        tofile="${maven.build.dir}/${maven.final.name}.sar"
        overwrite="true"
        verbose="true"
    />
  </goal>

  <goal name="sar:install" prereqs="sar:sar"
    description="Install the SAR in the local repository">
    <j:set var="maven.sar.final.name"
value="${maven.build.dir}/${maven.final.name}.sar"/>
    <artifact:install
       artifact="${maven.sar.final.name}"
       type="sar"
       project="${pom}"
    />
  </goal>

  <goal name="sar:deploy" prereqs="sar:undeploy,sar:sar">
    <j:set var="maven.sar.final.name"
value="${maven.build.dir}/${maven.final.name}.sar"/>
    <j:set var="maven.sar.deploy.name"
value="${maven.jboss.deploy.dir}/${maven.final.name}.sar"/>
    <copy
      file="${maven.sar.final.name}"
      todir="/usr/java/jboss/server/default/deploy"
      overwrite="true"
    />
  </goal>