Posted to user@sis.apache.org by Дмитрий Кудрявцев <db...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/26 07:31:33 UTC

Reading/writing dbf and shapefiles

Hello, my name is Dmitry Kudryavtsev, I'm developing an app, using your
library. I need to implement reading and writing shp,shx, prj and dbf
files, but documentation is quite poor and I can't find answers to my
questions there. I would really appreciate any help.

Dmitry Kudryavtsev

Re: Reading/writing dbf and shapefiles

Posted by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com>.
Hello Dmitry, and welcome!

Apache SIS has a shapefile module, but it is not yet ready. While this
module is available on trunk, it is not part of the releases. In the
meantime there is an alternative with http://www.geotoolkit.org/. We use
this library has a sandbox for functionalities not yet ported to Apache
SIS. There is a demo reading ShapeFiles here:

https://github.com/Geomatys/geotoolkit/blob/master/demos/geotk-demo-samples/src/main/java/org/geotoolkit/pending/demo/datamodel/FeatureStoreReadingDemo.java

This code can also write ShapeFiles.

    Martin