Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Steve Pannier <sp...@jacada.com> on 2002/04/10 18:19:53 UTC

Config for custom handler?

I have a custom handler (extends BasicHandler) that I want to process
every request.  So I added my handler to the globalConfiguration
requestFlow as such:

<globalConfiguration>
  <requestFlow>
   <handler type="java:MySOAPHandler"/>
  </requestFlow>
</globalConfiguration>

I also want my handler to be the pivot point for the request, so I added
the following to my handler's invoke() method:

msgContext.setPastPivot(true);

When my client issues a request, I keep getting the SOAP fault:
"The AXIS engine could not find a target service to invoke!  targetService
is null".

Do I need to do more than just setPastPivot(true) from my handler to "turn
the
request around"?  Or is my config not set up right?

Steve Pannier
Jacada, Inc.
(763) 201-0002 Ext. 219
spannier@jacada.com