Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gabor Dolla <ag...@mezon.net> on 2000/03/17 11:46:16 UTC

disable-output-escaping

Hi

I really hope that I do not upset anybody, but I still have to ask:

disable-output-escaping doesn't work and I need it very badly

I did look into the mail archive of cocoon and xalan and did find old
mails about this issue but that doesn't help...

in xalan release note there is a note about it:
Bugs closed since the last Xalan version:
PDIK4D2JFT: <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes"> not working with
<xsl:output method=html>

I downloaded xalan with CVS, compiled it, and from command line xalan
processes disable-output-escaping correctly.

Re: disable-output-escaping

Posted by Arkin <ar...@exoffice.com>.
Gabor Dolla wrote:

> > > I've added output escaping support to the new Serializer API
> (published
> > > on the Xerces dev mailing list yesterday).
> > >
> > > Keith doesn't like it, but it's part of the XSLT spec, so it will be
> > > available in the next iteration of the serializers through a
> > > SerializerHandler interface.
>
> On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, Arkin wrote:
>
> > The code is not yet in the CVS. Will probably take a week or two, along
> > with a bunch of other changes (mostly performance related).
> >

> Is this available in the CVS yet ?

The Serializer in the CVS has the startUnescaping/endUnescaping method.
Currently it does not extend SerializerHandler, this will be changes in
the future.

arkin

Assaf Arkin                                           www.exoffice.com
CTO, Exoffice Technologies, Inc.                        www.exolab.org

Re: disable-output-escaping

Posted by Gabor Dolla <ag...@mezon.net>.

Re: disable-output-escaping

Posted by Arkin <ar...@exoffice.com>.

Re: disable-output-escaping

Posted by Gabor Dolla <ag...@mezon.net>.

Re: disable-output-escaping

Posted by Arkin <ar...@exoffice.com>.

Re: disable-output-escaping

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Gabor Dolla wrote:

> Hi
>
> I really hope that I do not upset anybody, but I still have to ask:
>
> disable-output-escaping doesn't work and I need it very badly
>
> I did look into the mail archive of cocoon and xalan and did find old
> mails about this issue but that doesn't help...
>
> in xalan release note there is a note about it:
> Bugs closed since the last Xalan version:
> PDIK4D2JFT: <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes"> not working with
> <xsl:output method=html>
>
> I downloaded xalan with CVS, compiled it, and from command line xalan
> processes disable-output-escaping correctly.
>
> >From cocoon using xalan I receive the '..next-is-raw-..' line in the html,
> using James Clark's XT XSLT Processor I receive escaped output
>
> There is a thread (actually quite long) at Cocoon developer list archive
> but I'm not a Cocoon developer (yet, I hope I can contribute sometime) so
> I don't understand that. From that discussion I could not learn how to
> solve this problem.
>
> Does it work with Cocoon 1.7.1-dev ? or Cocoon-2.0-alpha ?
> In that discussion at the developers mailing list workarounds are
> mentioned. Is it possible to have a working example of those workarounds ?

Arkin, any comments on this?

We use your xerces serializers and Xalan that is not is not having this
problem.

Comments?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.