Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu> on 2002/07/03 00:36:25 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apr/threadproc/win32 proc.c

brane@apache.org wrote:

>brane       2002/07/02 15:25:52
>
>  Modified:    threadproc/win32 proc.c
>  Log:
>  Reverting the 1.76 and 1.77 changes, because they didn't work.
>  The child handles weren't properly inheritable, and redirected command
>  output got lost in the bit bucket.

There was a nice comment in that code about why we couldn't use
apr_file_dup. Anyway, I'm looking at the handle leaks right now.

Re: cvs commit: apr/threadproc/win32 proc.c

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
At 06:21 PM 7/2/2002, Brane wrote:
>Incidentally, I'm beginning to suspect that the root cause of the problem
>wasn't the patch itself, but the fact that apr_file_inherit_set is a noop.

Yup.  That's brokenness.

>BTW, why are the apr_*_inherit set functions declared void, not apr_status_t?

Good question.  I'd think that's broken too, since it certainly could fail
with a bad fd.

Bill

Re: cvs commit: apr/threadproc/win32 proc.c

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.