Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org> on 2022/04/21 02:17:00 UTC

Calcite-Avatica-Go: Default branch renamed from master to main

Hey everyone,

The default branch for the calcite-avatica-go repository has been
renamed from master to main.

For your local checked out copies of the repository, please do the
following to migrate:
1. Ensure you are in the repository's folder in your command line.
2. Stash any uncommitted changes: git stash
3. Check out your local master branch: git checkout master
4. Rename your local master branch to main: git branch -m master main
5. Fetch latest commits and branches from remote: git fetch
6. Remove the tracking branch: git branch --unset-upstream
7. Create a new tracking branch (assuming the remote is called origin):
git branch -u origin/main
8. Restore your uncommitted changes: git stash pop

Francis

Re: Calcite-Avatica-Go: Default branch renamed from master to main

Posted by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com>.
I skipped the stash part since I didn't have local changes and everything
else worked perfectly.

Thanks for taking care of this Francis!

Best,
Stamatis