Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by donpwinston <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2014/03/24 13:45:56 UTC

Tcl STOMP

Can anyone give me an example of how to receive a message from a queue using
Tcl?

I'm trying to use the tStomp package from  https://github.com/siemens/tstomp
<http://github.com/siemens/tstomp>   but it's woeful. I can send but when I
subscribe the message gets removed but goes into the ether. How do I get the
message body? This is not working: ('messagebody' is not getting updated.
Sending is working and there are persistent messages in the queue.)

package require tStomp

#tStomp::setDebugCmd {}

puts "Enqueuing"

tStomp s stomp://admin:activemq@localhost:61613
s connect {set ::connected true}
vwait connected

puts "Dequeuing"

s subscribe /queue/Test1 {
	array set M $messageNvList
	set ::messagebody $M(messagebody)
}
vwait messagebody

puts $messagebody

s unsubscribe /queue/Test1

Re: Tcl STOMP

Posted by donpwinston <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Well, it sort of works now but it outputs the first message while flushing
the queue of the rest.

Why the heck is there NOT a consumer/subscriber object that I can send a
"receive" command to it to get each message?

Good grief.

Re: Tcl STOMP

Posted by Fernando Ribeiro <fe...@upic.com.br>.
You may want to take a look at my samples at
http://www.slideshare.net/fribeiro1/using-apache-activemq-with-tcl, which
have been tested successfully. Regards.

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 10:08 AM, donpwinston <sa...@yahoo.com>wrote:

> oops, ignore the 'puts "Enqueuing'. I did that in another script.

Fernando Ribeiro

Re: Tcl STOMP

Posted by donpwinston <sa...@yahoo.com>.
oops, ignore the 'puts "Enqueuing'. I did that in another script.