Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Francois Guillemette <fr...@trilliantnetworks.com> on 2007/08/22 20:33:58 UTC

JDBC master/slave redelivery problem

Hi, I got a problem with redelivery of message when using a JDBC master/slave
configuration.:,(

Here the step to reproduce:
 * I started 2 brokers in JDBC master/slave config, and I started 2
consumers (with CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE)
 * I sent one message (with redeliveryPolicy)
        RedeliveryPolicy repo= new RedeliveryPolicy();
        repo.setInitialRedeliveryDelay(500);
        repo.setMaximumRedeliveries(5);
        ((ActiveMQConnection)connection).setRedeliveryPolicy(repo);
 * The message is being consumed by one consumer (I have put a sleep before
the ack)
 * I killed the broker that has sent the message, the other broker take the
place of the master
 * I killed the consumer that got the message (before the
message.acknowledge())
 * The other consumer don't get message

This test work if I don't kill the master broker. It look like that the
slave don't know the last state of the master broker before it is killed.

I'm wondering if I need to put something a kind of connection between the
broker so that they have the same state until one of them is killed.
:confused:

Thanks