Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ryan Wilhm <ry...@yahoo.com> on 2000/04/10 20:37:32 UTC

Anybody successfully compile the Apache module on AIX?

Hi all,

I'm trying to build the apache module on AIX. I used "apxs -c *.c -o
mod_jserv.so" as recommended by the minimalist user manual, but it bails on
linking, with the following message:

ld -H512 -T512 -bhalt:4 -bM:SRE -bnoentry -bI:/usr/local/lib/apache/httpd.exp
-lc -o autochange.so mod_jserv.o jserv_wrapper_win.o jserv_wrapper_unix.o
jserv_wrapper.o jserv_watchdog.o jserv_utils.o jserv_status.o jserv_protocols.o
jserv_mmap.o jserv_image.o jserv_balance.o jserv_ajpv12.o jserv_ajpv11.o
autochange.o -o mod_jserv.so
ld: 0711-244 ERROR: No csects or exported symbols have been saved.
apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=524288

I actually don't know if I have DSO support compiled, I ended up installing one
of the precompiled distributions. Doing an "httpd -V" to show all the
precomiled options doesn't really yield anything that tells me one way or
another. This could be the problem. It's either that or just that I have a
weird build environment and something isn't set up right...

I guess the question is, has anybody built this successfully? And if so, can
somebody point me to a prebuilt version?

Thanks,
Ryan

http://im.yahoo.com

Re: Anybody successfully compile the Apache module on AIX?

Posted by gtallen <gt...@home.com>.
Does this have anything to do with the ./configure
--enable-rule=SHARED_CORE
option for building Apache?
Greg