Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Christophe Bisciglia <ch...@cloudera.com> on 2010/02/11 03:00:37 UTC

Announcement: New Training Offering: Hadoop for System Administrators

Hadoop Fans, we have scheduled additional developer sessions in both the bay
area and NYC. Also, due to popular demand, we'll be offering a public
sysadmin training session immediately following our March developer session
in the Bay Area. If this goes well, we'll make this a regular offering.

Also, we've had great luck so far working with major Hadoop users in the bay
area to provide more practical insight to local participants. In January,
Facebook gave a great overview of how Hadoop and Hive revolutionized their
data warehousing and analytics infrastructure, this month, Yahoo! will talk
about running Hadoop at massive scale, and we're thrilled to have Twitter
share their experience at our March session. Feedback from last month's
session was incredible.

Current upcoming sessions:
February 22-24 - Bay Area - Developers:
March 10-12 - NYC - Developers: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/534680243
March 10-12 - DC - Developers: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/517223028
March 22-24 - Bay Area - Developers:
March 25 - Bay Area - *System Administrators*:
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/570185440
April 5-7 - NYC - Developers: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/564589703

All of these training sessions include the option to take either the CCHD
(developer) or CCHA (administrator) certification exam. This is a great way
to distinguish yourself amidst rising demand for Hadoop in the job market.
Demand continues grow aggressively:
http://www.indeed.com/jobtrends?q=hadoop&l=&relative=1

Lastly, stay tuned for upcoming international sessions. We'll be offering
training + certification in Asia (likely: Tokyo, Taipei) and the EU (likely
London + another city) in the April / May time frame.

Cheers,
Christophe

--
get hadoop: cloudera.com/hadoop
online training: cloudera.com/hadoop-training