Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Nirmit Desai <ni...@us.ibm.com> on 2006/11/30 03:10:48 UTC

[axis2 1.1.1]original wsdl soap:address altered

Hi,

I am using Axis2 1.1.1. I author my wsdl and specify useOriginalwsdl in my
services.xml so that the published WSDL would be the one I authored and not
the one generated by Axis. It used to wokr fine until the latest nightly of
27th Nov.

Eventhough I ask for the original wsdl to be preserved, it alters my
soap:address and replaces my host name with some weird IP address!!

This happens to any wsdl and any service.

Thanks,

-Nirmit

Re: [axis2 1.1.1]original wsdl soap:address altered

Posted by Nirmit Desai <ni...@us.ibm.com>.
Sanjiva,

that's a good point, I did not think of that.

One problem with this is that it replaces the hostname with the *current*
IP address of the deployment host. Having DHCP deployment hosts creates
problems. Can WSDL2Java replace the port info with the DNS names instead of
IP?

-Nirmit

             Sanjiva
             Weerawarana
             <sanjiva@opensour                                          To
             ce.lk>                    axis-user@ws.apache.org
                                                                        cc
             12/06/2006 09:33
                                       Re: [axis2 1.1.1]original wsdl
                                       soap:address altered
              Please respond
                 ache.org

Deepal, isn't it the case that we always replace the port info
with

Nirmit, are you asking that Axis2 take the *entire* given WSDL and not
generate the address of the service? To me that seems risky as that
the user has create the service .aar with runtime specific info.
example, if you copy the aar to another runtime then it may
not
wrote:
> Please create a JIRA issue for this , that will help us not to forget
the issue.
> Thanks
> >Hi,
useOriginalwsdl in my
the one I authored and not

additional commands, e-mail: axis-user-help@ws.apache.org

--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.
http://www.opensource.lk/

Re: [axis2 1.1.1]original wsdl soap:address altered

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Deepal, isn't it the case that we always replace the port info with
generated stuff?

Nirmit, are you asking that Axis2 take the *entire* given WSDL and not
even generate the address of the service? To me that seems risky as that
means the user has create the service .aar with runtime specific info.
For example, if you copy the aar to another runtime then it may not
work.

Sanjiva.

On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 21:40 +0530, Deepal Jayasinghe wrote:
> Hi Nirmit ;
>
> Please create a JIRA issue for this , that will help us not to forget
> the issue.
>
> Thanks
> Deepal
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I am using Axis2 1.1.1. I author my wsdl and specify useOriginalwsdl in my
> >services.xml so that the published WSDL would be the one I authored and not
> >the one generated by Axis. It used to wokr fine until the latest nightly of
> >27th Nov.
> >
> >Eventhough I ask for the original wsdl to be preserved, it alters my
> >soap:address and replaces my host name with some weird IP address!!
> >
> >This happens to any wsdl and any service.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >-Nirmit

Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.

Re: [axis2 1.1.1]original wsdl soap:address altered

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Nirmit ;

Please create a JIRA issue for this , that will help us not to forget
the issue.

Thanks
Deepal

>Hi,
>
>I am using Axis2 1.1.1. I author my wsdl and specify useOriginalwsdl in my
>services.xml so that the published WSDL would be the one I authored and not
>the one generated by Axis. It used to wokr fine until the latest nightly of
>27th Nov.
>
>Eventhough I ask for the original wsdl to be preserved, it alters my
>soap:address and replaces my host name with some weird IP address!!
>
>This happens to any wsdl and any service.
>
>Thanks,
>
>-Nirmit

Deepal