Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Theodosios Paschalidis <th...@hotmail.com> on 2004/01/23 17:40:51 UTC

Re: Tomcat/Struts Unicode Encoding/Decoding problems [RESOLVED]

Thank you Wendy,

actually it worked (the utf-8) even without the file proparly validated in
my IDE. I also thought I had the latest version (a backup restore probably
messed this up).

I changed it to 2.3 restarted my IDE (NetBeans) but still does not validate.
Both 2.2 and 2.3 dtd files are in my web-inf\lib.

If the actual server didn't use the web.xml because of failed validation it
wouldn't work at all while in fact it works with the extra filter properly
utilized.

If, at your convenience, somebody could mention what exactly needs to be
checked for  Servlet 2.3 compliance, it would be great. Chances are that I
have a mix of different version files.

Thank you for your time and enjoy your weekend (I know I will, thanks to Jim
;-), I am indebted )
Theo