Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Raphael Bircher <r....@gmx.ch> on 2013/01/26 05:11:42 UTC

unowinreg.dll realy needed on MacOS?

Hi all

I tray to compile AOO on Mac OS 10.5.7. Whoerve, I run in a configure
error wich is a bit sreingh.

configure: error: for rebuilding unowinreg.dll you need the mingw32 C++
compiler.
          Specify mingw32 g++ executable name with --with-mingwin.
          Or use prebuilt one from
http://tools.openoffice.org/unowinreg_prebuild/680/ and
          put it into external/unowinreg

I wonder if we realy use a dll on a Mac, or is this a error in the
configure.in?

Greetings Raphael

Re: unowinreg.dll realy needed on MacOS?

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 1/26/13 7:39 AM, Raphael Bircher wrote:
> Hi Pavel

>>> personally I agree with you that there are some issues in the
>>> configure.in
>>>
>>> I have asked the similar question years before, but as the MAC based AOO
>>> developers are minority group, there is no certain answer about it.
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/discuss@openoffice.org/msg12539.html
> Thanks for the Link. Ok, this explains a load. It's only used if you
> build with --disable-odk you will not hit this trap ;-) And I ever done
> it this way befor.

the dll is necessary for UNO client programs in Java. And to make them
working on all platforms they require this dll. We want support the
development of such clients on all platforms as well and provide a
pre-built version of this dll. You can get it as pre-requiste

wget -O main/external/unowinreg/unowinreg.dll
http://tools.openoffice.org/unowinreg_prebuild/680/unowinreg.dll

And of course it is only necessary when you build the SDK.

Juergen

Re: unowinreg.dll realy needed on MacOS?

Posted by Raphael Bircher <r....@gmx.ch>.
Hi Pavel

Posted by Pavel Janík <Pa...@Janik.cz>.

--
Pavel Janík

Re: unowinreg.dll realy needed on MacOS?

Posted by Fan Zheng <zh...@gmail.com>.
>From the file name, it should not be the necessary dependence. So
personally I agree with you that there are some issues in the configure.in

I have asked the similar question years before, but as the MAC based AOO
developers are minority group, there is no certain answer about it.

So, would you like to take a look on it?
在 2013/1/26 12:12 PM,"Raphael Bircher" <r....@gmx.ch>写道: