Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "Hickerson, David A" <da...@boeing.com> on 2011/02/28 20:56:00 UTC

Qpid version and language interoperatability?

Hi,

I working with a group that is using Qpid 0.6 with a Java Broker. I am needing to use the C++ version of the client code to compile with some existing code. Will Qpid 0.6 Java work with the Qpid 0.8 C++?

Thanks,

Dave

David Hickerson                                                             david.a.hickerson@boeing.com<ma...@boeing.com>
Senior Engineer                                                              phone: 719-235-3265
Mission Operations
The Boeing Company
1330 Inverness Dr., Suite 330
Colorado Springs, CO 80910

RE: Qpid version and language interoperatability?

Posted by "Hickerson, David A" <da...@boeing.com>.
Thanks, Dave

On 02/28/2011 07:56 PM, Hickerson, David A wrote:
> I working with a group that is using Qpid 0.6 with a Java Broker. I am needing to use the C++ version of the client code to compile with some existing code. Will Qpid 0.6 Java work with the Qpid 0.8 C++?

Yes, I can confirm that it will.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
The 0.6 release of the Java broker did support 0-10 (it was the frist
release to do so) and so should technically work with the C++ client. I
would note however that there have been several extremely significant fixes
made to the Java broker since both 0.6 and 0.8 released went out, so I would
suggest you look at using the latest svn trunk revision if doing so.

(If it helps, trunk is due to be branched at any point between today and the
end of the week in order to prepare it for release as Qpid 0.10 in around a
month)

Robbie

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi David,