Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Greg Madden <go...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/01 05:37:21 UTC

Re: Installing AOO on Ubuntu/Mint/Debian

It is sometimes useful to have both, they are different enough to be
desirable. It seems to be a Linux distro issue, I am a Linux user.
Libreoffice v4.3 uses 'libreoffice4.3 as it executable instead of
'soffice', Apache is now the only user of 'soffice'
 Until Linux distros catch up ?, installing packages from Openoffice.org
and  Libreoffice.org is what I do here.

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 3:33 AM, Detlef Nannen <de...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Michal,
>
> we use this Script.
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/4chqvchy68hztcr/install_deb_64.sh?dl=0
>
> --
> Good luck
> Detlef

> > Hi,
> >
> > When users want to install OpenOffice on Ubuntu or derivates, we advice
> them
> > to uninstall LibreOffice.
> >
> > The problem is in the same name of executable program, soffice.
> >
> > I played with desktop integration and found some directives for
> generating
> > .deb package (I think that I'm understand it right).
> >
> > file "main/sysui/desktop/debian/control"
> >
> > This file saying about packages which is in "Conflict", so what about
> adding
> > here "libreoffice" or "libreoffice-common" ?
> >
> > Please, add comments.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Michal Hriň

Peace