Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Adam Phelps <am...@opendns.com> on 2010/10/13 01:00:27 UTC

Locating replicant nodes for blocks of a file

Is there a way to determine on which nodes the blocks of a file are
located, preferably from the command line?  I'm looking to perform some
node failure tests causing specific files to become inaccessible but I'm
not finding a good way of doing so.

- Adam

Re: Locating replicant nodes for blocks of a file

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@linkedin.com>.
On Oct 12, 2010, at 4:00 PM, Adam Phelps wrote:

> Is there a way to determine on which nodes the blocks of a file are located, preferably from the command line?  I'm looking to perform some node failure tests causing specific files to become inaccessible but I'm not finding a good way of doing so.

fsck [filename/path] -files -blocks -locations