Posted to user@curator.apache.org by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com> on 2020/03/04 02:37:12 UTC

PROPOSAL: Curator 5.0

Hi Folks,

I mentioned this a while back, but now the ZooKeeper 3.6.0 is out I'd like to make it official. I propose we move to Curator 5.0 and apply a few non-backward compatible changes - i.e. take the opportunity to fix some tech debt. See CURATOR-558 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CURATOR-558> for details. Any objections?

-Jordan

Re: PROPOSAL: Curator 5.0

Posted by Cameron McKenzie <ca...@apache.org>.
+1 from me.

Re: PROPOSAL: Curator 5.0

Posted by Cameron McKenzie <ca...@apache.org>.
+1 from me.

Re: PROPOSAL: Curator 5.0

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il giorno dom 15 mar 2020 alle ore 14:47 Jordan Zimmerman
<jo...@jordanzimmerman.com> ha scritto:

> Almost all Curator users should be unaffected. But, I should probably do some random checking on Github. The only ones affected are:
>
> Those who want/need to stay on ZK 3.4 - they shouldn't upgrade to Curator 5.0
> Clients using Curator's Reaper/ChildReaper classes. These clients should change to container nodes.
> Any client code that uses Curator's ListenerContainer. This was an internal class but maybe some people have used it.
> Any remaining Exhibitor users - Exhibitor has been dead for a long time. Those that still need support can stay on Curator 4.x.

Good, thanks for checking

Enrico

Re: PROPOSAL: Curator 5.0

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.