Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by ibiddles <iv...@scientology.net> on 2007/03/21 05:32:37 UTC

java.lang.Exception: Could not load 1.0/com/sun/codemodel/CodeWriter.class

Hi,

I am very new to Geronimo. I have a web services application that uses
Spring 2.0.3 and Spring web services. It runs in Tomcat 5.5.20 and 6.0.10.

It has all its dependent JAR files in the WEB-INF/lib directory in the WAR
file so I was hoping that I could simply deploy the WAR file to Geronimo.

When I try to do so, there is a pause and then the console (a command prompt
window) gets into a whole series of exception stack traces until the process
runs out of memory or I stop it.

The first is as listed in the subject line of this emai:

         java.lang.Exception: Could not load
1.0/com/sun/codemodel/CodeWriter.class

This class is in one of the JAR files (jaxb-xjc-2.0.1.jar) in my WEBINF/lib
directory but the system does not seem to be able to find it. Every one of
the classes in that JAR file appear in similar stack traces one after the
other. The classes all seem to be in that same JAR file at least as far as I
get.

I am probably way off base with what I'm doing but does anyone have any idea
of what is going wrong?

Best wishes, Ivan.

Re: java.lang.Exception: Could not load 1.0/com/sun/codemodel/CodeWriter.class

Posted by ibiddles <iv...@scientology.net>.
Dear David,

> The first thing to do is try building geronimo trunk yourself to see
> if the problem is still there.

Just to complete the cycle on this. I did build the Geronimo trunk as of
21-MAR-2007 and was able to deploy my WAR file using the command-line
deployer and my web services (in the WAR) ran successfully.

The web console deployer did not work but that is the subject of a JIRA
issue that was raised a couple of days ago and which I'm sure will be fixed
soon.

Anyway, I'm up and running. Thanks for all your help.

Best wishes, Ivan.

Posted by ibiddles <iv...@scientology.net>.
Dear David,

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by ibiddles <iv...@scientology.net>.
Dear David,

I'm sorry I didn't realize that I missed out the version of Geronimo. It is
2.0M3 with JDK1,5,0_1.

The stack trace is (and I have to retype this so hopefully there won't be
any mistakes):

   at org.apache.xbean.finder.ClassFinder.readClassDef (690)
   at org.apache.xbean.finder.ClassFinder.<init> (139)
   at
org.apache.geronimo.jaxws.builder.JAXWSServiceBuilder.discoverWebServices
(157)
   at org.apache.geronimo.jaxws.builder.JAXWSServiceBuilder.WebServices (83)
   at
org.apache.geronimo.jaxws.builder.JAXWSServiceBuilder.$$FastClassByCGLIB.invoke(<generated>)
[...]
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.deployment.TomcatModuleBuilder$$FastClassByCGLIB.invoke

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jack <vo...@yahoo.com>.
--- ibiddles <iv...@scientology.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am very new to Geronimo. I have a web services
> application that uses
> Spring 2.0.3 and Spring web services. It runs in
> Tomcat 5.5.20 and 6.0.10.
>
> It has all its dependent JAR files in the
> WEB-INF/lib directory in the WAR
> file so I was hoping that I could simply deploy the
> WAR file to Geronimo.
>
> When I try to do so, there is a pause and then the
> console (a command prompt
> window) gets into a whole series of exception stack
> traces until the process
> runs out of memory or I stop it.
>
> The first is as listed in the subject line of this
> emai:
>
>          java.lang.Exception: Could not load
> 1.0/com/sun/codemodel/CodeWriter.class
>
> This class is in one of the JAR files
> (jaxb-xjc-2.0.1.jar) in my WEBINF/lib
> directory but the system does not seem to be able to
> find it. Every one of
> the classes in that JAR file appear in similar stack
> traces one after the
> other. The classes all seem to be in that same JAR
> file at least as far as I
> get.
>
> I am probably way off base with what I'm doing but
> does anyone have any idea
> of what is going wrong?
>
> Best wishes, Ivan.
> --