Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "nam.truong" <na...@objectconsulting.com.au> on 2008/07/30 10:25:12 UTC

Re: TCP Sampler

Hi,

I have a TCP Sampler problem that is identical in symptoms to the one
described by the OP.

My script is configured to send a TCP request using a single thread. The
server that is being tested simply establishes a connection with the client,
receives the request, responds with an echo of the request text, and keeps
the connection open.

Once started, JMeter sends the TCP request but does not appear to recognise
the response (instead it sits in running state indefinitely). Only when the
server is manually stopped does JMeter register the request as successful
and update its result.

My jmeter.log file does not report any error as follows:

2008/07/30 17:30:37 INFO  - jmeter.gui.util.JMeterMenuBar:
setRunning(true,*local*)
2008/07/30 17:30:38 INFO  - jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine: Starting 1
threads for group Thread Group. Ramp up = 0.
2008/07/30 17:30:38 INFO  - jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine: Continue on
error
2008/07/30 17:30:38 INFO  - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Thread Thread Group
1-1 started

Does anyone have an idea of why this occurs and/or how it may be remedied?

Thanks,
Nam

Re: TCP Sampler

Posted by "nam.truong" <na...@objectconsulting.com.au>.
After a bit of poking around I've found the resolution to my problem.

An end of line character needs to be defined in order for JMeter to
recognise that it has received a complete response.

In the jmeter.properties file I have simply uncommented the tcp.eolByte
property and given it a value of 10 (i.e. ASCII 10: the line feed character)
since this was the character that I use to separate lines in my request text
(and the server echoes this straight back).