Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christian Traber <ch...@traber-net.de> on 2003/04/24 20:16:46 UTC

html manager app in virtual host

Hi,

I tried to use the HTMLManagerServlet in another virtual host but I get
a SecurityException.

java.lang.SecurityException: Servlet of class
org.apache.catalina.servlets.HTMLManagerServlet is privileged and cannot
be loaded by this web application

How can I use the manager app for my virtual hosts?

Regards,
 Christian

Re: html manager app in virtual host

Posted by Reinhard Moosauer <rm...@moosauer.de>.
Hi,

Include a line like this in server.xml:

      <Host name="www.virthost.com" debug="0" appBase="/www/virthost.com"
            unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true" />

and put "manager.xml" in /www/virthost.com with this content:

        <Context cookies="true"
          crossContext="false" debug="0" displayName="Manager"
          docBase="/opt/tomcat/server/webapps/manager"
          path="/manager" privileged="true" reloadable="false"
swallowOutput="false"
          useNaming="true" >
          <ResourceLink global="UserDatabase" name="users"
type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"/>
        </Context>

Also consider replacing the <ResourceLink ..> by a
<Realm... >-Entry. Here you can use different user-databases for each
virtual host.
Restart tomcat and go to this URL:
http://virthost.com:8080/manager/html

regards,

Reinhard

Posted by joe <li...@concrete-it.com>.
mark your context as privileged. just take a look at the manager.xml in
your webapps dir (privileged="true" is what you need):

<Context path="/manager" docBase="../server/webapps/manager"
        debug="0" privileged="true">

  <!-- Link to the user database we will get roles from -->
  <ResourceLink name="users" global="UserDatabase"