Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by zoe slattery <zo...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/11 15:34:00 UTC

Changes to default parent

Hi

As part of the move towards release-by-bundle and getting the semantic
versioning correct I have made a change to default parent pom
(ARIES-598), this is described below.

I have fixed all the projects in our regular build that previously
depended on the code that I have removed from default parent. that is:

parent
eba-maven-plugin
testsupport
util
proxy
quiesce
blueprint
jndi
transaction
web
application
jmx
jpa
samples

However, this list excludes several projects that I know are being
worked on outside the regular build- so if you are working on
subsystems, spi-fly, samples-sandbox..you may need to make some changes
after you next check out.

Here is what has changed:

Before, the default was to have packages exported at the _same version
as the bundle_, and all packages in the bundle were exported at that
version unless specifically overridden in the pom.

The changes I have made mandate that exported packages must be given a
version explicitly. I have chosen to do this for all of the projects
listed above by adding a 'packageinfo' file in the source tree. Export
versions can also be set in the pom, but for cross project consistency
it would be good to stay with packageinfo where possible.

Thanks, Zoe