Posted to user@roller.apache.org by "Lihn, Steve" <ho...@merck.com> on 2006/08/31 20:59:46 UTC

Frontpage is broken

I need some helps on my frontpage. It is broken in multiple places.

1. The search form does not work. With the action /siteseach.do, I got 404.
What is the correct URL?

                <h3>Search for blogs</h3>
                <form id="searchForm" method="get"
                   action="/sitesearch.do"
                   style="margin: 0; padding: 0" onsubmit="return
validateSearch(this)">
                   <input type="text" id="q" name="q" size="20"
                       maxlength="255" value="" />
                   <input value="&nbsp;?&nbsp;" class="searchButton"
type="submit">
                </form>

2. "Recent Entries" displays nothing. But I have posted 3 entries. I tried
to debug Weblog.vm. $entryCount appears to be null value. Please help! The
directory listing seems to have similar problem.

                    ## 1) SITE-WIDE entries (the default)
                    #set($pager = $site.getWeblogEntriesPager($since,
$maxResults))

                    ## 2) PLANET-entries
                    ## set($pager = $planet.getAggregationPager($since,
$maxResults))

                    #if($pager.items.size() > 0)
                        #set($entryCount = $pager.items.size() - 1)
                        #set($startDate = $pager.items.get(0).pubTime)
                        #set($endDate = $entries.get($entryCount).pubTime)
                    #end

Size: ${entryCount}   <br>

  Steve Lihn, Enterprise Web Infrastructure, Merck & Co., Inc.,
  Tel: (908) 423 - 4441

New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known
outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or MSD
and in Japan, as Banyu - direct contact information for affiliates is
available at http://www.merck.com/contact/contacts.html) that may be
confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged. It is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this
message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then
delete it from your system.

Re: Frontpage is broken

Posted by Dustman <du...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Dave Johnson-8 wrote:

> On 9/7/06, Dustman <du...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I got the front page to work. It seems that the frontpage blog can't
>> understant the $site variable.
>>
>> Simply go to the roller.properties file inside WEB-INF/classes and add
>> this
>>
>> org.apache.roller.ui.rendering.model.SiteModel to rendering.pageModels
>>
>> from this
>> rendering.pageModels=\
>> org.apache.roller.ui.rendering.model.PageModel,\
>> org.apache.roller.ui.rendering.model.ConfigModel,\
>> org.apache.roller.ui.rendering.model.UtilitiesModel,\
>> org.apache.roller.ui.rendering.model.URLModel,\
>> org.apache.roller.ui.rendering.model.MessageModel,\
>> org.apache.roller.ui.rendering.model.CalendarModel,\
>> org.apache.roller.ui.rendering.model.MenuModel
>
> 8< snip
>
> You shouldn't have to do that. If you go to the Server Admin page and
> look under the field where you set the handle of the front-page blog,
> you'll see the option to make the front page blog into a site-wide
> aggregation -- if you check that, then the $side model will be
> available.
>
> - Dave

Sent from the Roller - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Frontpage is broken

Posted by Dave Johnson <sn...@gmail.com>.

Re: Frontpage is broken

Posted by Dustman <du...@gmail.com>.
I got the front page to work. It seems that the frontpage blog can't
understant the $site variable.

Simply go to the roller.properties file inside WEB-INF/classes and add this

org.apache.roller.ui.rendering.model.SiteModel to rendering.pageModels

from this
rendering.pageModels=\
org.apache.roller.ui.rendering.model.PageModel,\
org.apache.roller.ui.rendering.model.ConfigModel,\
org.apache.roller.ui.rendering.model.UtilitiesModel,\
org.apache.roller.ui.rendering.model.URLModel,\
org.apache.roller.ui.rendering.model.MessageModel,\
org.apache.roller.ui.rendering.model.CalendarModel,\
org.apache.roller.ui.rendering.model.MenuModel

to this
rendering.pageModels=\
org.apache.roller.ui.rendering.model.PageModel,\
org.apache.roller.ui.rendering.model.ConfigModel,\
org.apache.roller.ui.rendering.model.UtilitiesModel,\
org.apache.roller.ui.rendering.model.URLModel,\
org.apache.roller.ui.rendering.model.MessageModel,\
org.apache.roller.ui.rendering.model.CalendarModel,\
org.apache.roller.ui.rendering.model.MenuModel,\
org.apache.roller.ui.rendering.model.SiteModel

Hope it helps.