Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by William Au <bi...@cnet.com> on 2000/08/28 17:18:32 UTC

database connection pool

Is there a JDBC driver for tomcat that supports database connection
pool?

Bill

Re: database connection pool

Posted by Alec Bau <Al...@msdw.com>.
Be aware that for current version 1.4b5 Poolman's docs state that they have a
problem (something with threads, I guess) that renders it unusable under
Tomcat 3.1. I tried their test servlet and indeed it bumped out with stack
trace under Tomcat 3.2b2 on NT.

Alec

Posted by Steve Ruby <st...@rubysolutions.com>.

Posted by William Au <bi...@cnet.com>.

Posted by Steve Ruby <st...@rubysolutions.com>.

Posted by Steve Ruby <st...@rubysolutions.com>.
William Au wrote:

> Is there a JDBC driver for tomcat that supports database connection
> pool?
>
> Bill

There is IMHO onely one reasonable JDBC driver that works for mysql
(the MM one)... As far as connection pooling, there are pools that
extend the driver itself so they work for any JDBC driver, have you
tried any of them...

Poolman for example or the one in turbine (java.apache.org).