Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Saurabh Sharma <sa...@in.ibm.com> on 2005/06/20 11:35:57 UTC

Fw: Custom-defined service deployment in axis

----- Forwarded by Saurabh Sharma/India/IBM on 06/20/2005 03:14 PM -----

Saurabh Sharma/India/IBM
06/20/2005 02:42 AM

axis-user-faq@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Custom-defined service deployment in axis

Hi there fraternity (hope i'm not sounding too brotherly!)

Was trying to deploy a service which RETURNS a custom user-defined data
type, using Axis, of course! But am simply not able to do that, since the
SoapBindingImpl file auto-generated by Axis, actually returns the datatype
of the file that is auto-generated by axis instead of the datatype that I
wrote down myself. As a result, when I try to compile the java code for
the client (that, I'd written down myself), did not compile due to the
resulting type mismatch, which is pointed out as a compile-time error!

Eg., if the custom-type is dt and resides in file dt.java in the folder
abc, after auto-generation of the code by axis (which puts all this code
into a sub-directory abc\gen), the SoapBindingImpl file has a the return
type as abc\gen\Dt of the function that I exposed, in the original file
abc\SourceFile.java. Henceforth, the SoapBindingImpl does not comile at
all!

Hope, i've made myself clear and not confounded any of u wise people who
happened to go thru this :-)} !

All help is welcome and would be highly appreciated, from the deepest nook
of the coding-related part of me, this thing is really freaking me out,
now!!

Regards and thanks in advance
Saurabh