Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/21 03:52:34 UTC

[DISCUSS] LevelDB store

Hi,

The activemq-leveldb-store module is already deprecated. Shouldn't we
remove it in 5.16.0?

Hadrian

Re: [DISCUSS] LevelDB store

Posted by Arthur Naseef <ar...@amlinv.com>.
I'm okay with taking the stance that it's an acceptable "break" on removing
LevelDB.  As Hadrian pointed out, it's only non-backward-compatible for
folks using LevelDB.  Nobody else should be impacted.

With that said, can we clearly mark the release notes that it has been
removed, and provide brief examples of LevelBD uses in the broker.xml file
and pom.xml files that need to be eliminated for anyone that is impacted?
Are there any other uses to mention?

One point I'd like to raise on this subject - I don't want to just assume
it's ok because it's happened before - the 5.x broker has already had
multiple non-backward-compatible changes, such as the complete
restructuring of the MBean name space about 2 years ago.

Being mindful and choosing how changes are adopted - that's really what I'm
hoping to achieve.

Thank you for the discussion.

Art

Re: [DISCUSS] LevelDB store