Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org> on 2010/12/30 12:44:54 UTC

Modeling tools

Hi guys,

I would ask about modeling tools that we may use to document existing
features/architecture of Karaf/SMX and other projects. At this moment we
don't even have any bigger architecture diagrams. May we ask some tool
vendor for few licenses? I know that there is Argo/Poseidon and other
modeling tools but they're very limited and don't even have reverse
engineering features or these are broken. What do you think?

I thought about two products:
Magic Draw for UML

Visual Paradigm for UML

Best regards,

Lukasz

Re: Modeling tools

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 10:00:31AM -0330, Jamie G. wrote:
> I've used Visual Paradigm for UML back when the Kernel was first
> moving to the Felix community, they do have a community 'free' edition
> [1] however it's really striped down from their full versions (at
> least as of that time frame).

> I think that if we were to invest time
> in developing UML diagrams than making them as accessible as possible
> via free tooling would be the best course. As to which tool to use
> bouml, umbrello, et al are all viable candidates.

+1; that was also my thought

Re: Modeling tools

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.

RE: Modeling tools