Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Benjamin Hindman <be...@berkeley.edu> on 2013/03/07 23:52:55 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.11.0-incubating (RC1)

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Mesos (incubating)
version 0.10.0. This will be the third incubator release for Mesos in Apache
.

The candidate for Mesos 0.11.0-incubating release is available at:
  http://people.apache.org/~benh/mesos-0.11.0-incubating-RC1/mesos
-0.11.0-incubating.tar.gz

The tag to be voted on:
  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/mesos
/tags/release-0.11.0-incubating-RC1

The MD5 checksum of the tarball can be found at:
  http://people.apache.org/~benh/mesos-0.11.0-incubating-RC1/mesos
-0.11.0-incubating.tar.gz.md5

The signature of the tarball can be found at:
  http://people.apache.org/~benh/mesos-0.11.0-incubating-RC1/mesos
-0.11.0-incubating.tar.gz.asc

Mesos' KEYS file, containing the PGP keys used to sign the release:
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/mesos/dist/KEYS

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Mesos 0.11.0-incubating!

The vote is open until Sunday, March 10th at 5:00 pm PST and passes if a
majority of at least 3 +1 IPMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Mesos 0.11.0-incubating

To learn more about Apache Mesos, please see
http://incubator.apache.org/mesos.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.11.0-incubating (RC1)

Posted by Benjamin Hindman <be...@berkeley.edu>.
The first sentence has a typo: s/0.10.0/0.11.0/

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@twitter.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 25 May 2013 20:01, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Mesos
>> (incubating)
>> version 0.11.0. This will be the third incubator release for Mesos in Apache
>> .
>>
>> The candidate for Mesos 0.11.0-incubating release is available at:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~vinodkone/mesos-0.11.0-incubating-RC2/mesos-0.11.0-incubating.tar.gz
>>
>> The tag to be voted on:
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-mesos.git;a=tag;h=399b857ec4a3558b63ab8eb47df5c51bcad64251

NOTICE says:

=========================
Apache Mesos
Copyright 2012, The Apache Software Foundation

This product includes software developed by The Apache Software
Foundation (http://www.apache.org/).
=========================

Wrong year, wrong text (should be "developed at"), wrong line-wrap
(should wrap after "developed at")

See: http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#notice

Also the LICENSE contains lots of other entries.
Are these stored in SVN? Are they in the source tarball?
If not, then remove from the LICENSE files in source (git and
tarballs), and move to binary LICENSE (and NOTICE as appropriate)

If they are in the source, then that is probably wrong.

Remember that N&L files need to relate to the artifact in which they
are present, so in general the ones in source releases (and SVN/git)
are different from those in binary releases (which may contain
external libraries).

Also, the NOTICE file must contain all required notices, but no others.

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@twitter.com>.
Thanks Luciano for the suggestions. I think we got some conflicting advice
before (when we released 0.9.0) about what goes into LICENSE and NOTICE.
I've (hopefully) fixed it now. Will whip up RC3 shortly.

@vinodkone

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@twitter.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Fwd: [VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.11.0-incubating (RC1)

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 5 April 2013 04:07, Mattmann, Chris A (398J) <
chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

> Dear Ben,

One minor nit: not everyone knows what the timezone PST represents.

Best to make it easier for your readers and convert the time to GMT.

A little more work for you, but less work for everyone else outside the PST
zone.
[People are much more likely to know their offset from GMT than from any
other timezone.]

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.11.0-incubating (RC1)

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.
Got it thanks.

P.S.: And yes, git master == svn trunk.

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 4:49 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (398J) <

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (398J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
One last thing: see my latest email about pathology for updates
to make to the CHANGELOG to sync up release versions. I generated
those automatically from JIRA. 0.11.0 can include them in the CHANGELOG
and we can start to deliver a CHANGELOG that is meaningful and
automatically
generated from JIRA.

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (398J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hi Vinod,

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.
So the commit at
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-mesos.git;a=commit;h=1647e682d6f02057f7375e53cf81d9048e53863c

adds year to the Copyright line.

> >>clean

Also, in addition to not understanding the above comment, I don't think its
been addressed on master branch? If not, can some one tell me what needs to

[DISCUSS] [VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.11.0-incubating (RC1)

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (398J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
(note subject line change since this isn't a VOTE)

+1, thanks Vinod. If there is more discussion for 0.11.0 feel free to
reply here.

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.
nm. i figured it out.

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for working on the pathology Chris! I will update CHANGELOG with
this info and add other issues fixed in 0.11.0.

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@twitter.com>.

Posted by Benjamin Hindman <be...@eecs.berkeley.edu>.
Hey Chris,

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@twitter.com>.

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (398J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Okey dok, we will work to address those issues in RC #2.

Thank you Luciano!

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
[Dropping general@incubator.a.o]

Hi Guys,

I don't see a link on the main website to 0.10.0 -- can we update the
website to show that release before
pushing forward on 0.11.0?

Cheers,
Chris