Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Claes at work <cl...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/21 09:44:31 UTC

FileUpload status - ServletFileUploadWrapper?

Hello,

what is the status of FileUpload? The javadoc contains classes that I
can find neither in cvs or svn, I am thinking of
ServletFileUploadWrapper and ServletFileUploadFilter for example. They
seem pretty convenient, so I wonder where they are...

Thanks,
Claes

Re: FileUpload status - ServletFileUploadWrapper?

Posted by Dakota Jack <da...@gmail.com>.
Martin is running this show and despite repeated attempts I cannot
find out what he is doing either.  Hopefully he will answer your
inquiry.

On 4/21/05, Claes at work <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> what is the status of FileUpload? The javadoc contains classes that I
> can find neither in cvs or svn, I am thinking of
> ServletFileUploadWrapper and ServletFileUploadFilter for example. They
> seem pretty convenient, so I wonder where they are...
>
> Thanks,
> Claes

~Dakota Jack~

Re: FileUpload status - ServletFileUploadWrapper?

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.
On 4/21/05, Claes at work <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> what is the status of FileUpload? The javadoc contains classes that I
> can find neither in cvs or svn, I am thinking of
> ServletFileUploadWrapper and ServletFileUploadFilter for example. They
> seem pretty convenient, so I wonder where they are...

Those particular classes are still on my local disk, not quite
finished. I hadn't realised the published JavaDocs include them -
sorry about that.

In terms of general status, other than a couple of pending additions,
as noted above, 1.1 is almost done, if it stays the way it is. An
issue came up recently regarding the new portlet support that led me
to question whether we should jump to 2.0, skipping 1.1, since fixing
it properly would break backwards compatibility, but I'm leaning
towards trying to get 1.1 out and then doing more refactoring towards
a 2.0 release later, since 1.1 has been taking too long. (If the
volume and average length of messages on the Struts lists would go
down, I'd have more time to spend on this. ;)

On a related front, FileUpload 1.1 will depend on IO 1.1, and that is
also not yet released, so that will need to happen first. I've tried
nudging it along a couple of times, but there always seems to be just
one more thing that needs to be done. So if you want to see FileUpload
1.1 get finished, you could try encouraging the IO folks to get their
1.1 out the door too. ;-) Seeing that released will give me increased
impetus to finish up FileUpload 1.1.

--
Martin Cooper