Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Ru...@icollector.com on 2000/12/08 18:10:57 UTC

RFC: Apache::Thumbnail - Generate image thumbnails on the fly

Hi -

Attached is an Apache module to automatically generate & cache thumbnail
images. It uses Image::Magick (http://www.simplesystems.org/ImageMagick/)
and File::Path (CPAN) and runs quickly enough to be useful on my
Apache/mod_perl machine. It's my first proper handler, so let me know if
there are any glaring ommissions or bugs! :)

Otherwise, if it's of use to anyone else, should I package this up and
submit it to CPAN as v1.0? Comments welcome!

Rufus.

Re: RFC: Apache::Thumbnail - Generate image thumbnails on the fly

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
On Fri, 8 Dec 2000 Rufus.Cable@icollector.com wrote:

> Hi -
>
> Attached is an Apache module to automatically generate & cache thumbnail
> images. It uses Image::Magick (http://www.simplesystems.org/ImageMagick/)
> and File::Path (CPAN) and runs quickly enough to be useful on my
> Apache/mod_perl machine. It's my first proper handler, so let me know if
> there are any glaring ommissions or bugs! :)
>
> Otherwise, if it's of use to anyone else, should I package this up and
> submit it to CPAN as v1.0? Comments welcome!

Check out these two first:

cpan> i /Apache::Album/
Module id = Apache::Album
    CPAN_USERID  WOODY (Jim Woodgate <wo...@bga.com>)
    CPAN_VERSION 0.94
    CPAN_FILE    W/WO/WOODY/Apache-Album-0.94.tar.gz
    INST_FILE    (not installed)

cpan> i /Apache::Magick/
Module id = Apache::Magick
    DESCRIPTION  Image conversion on-the-fly
    CPAN_USERID  MPB (mod_perl book (Doug and Lincoln) <bo...@modperl.com>)
    CPAN_VERSION undef
    CPAN_FILE    Contact Author mod_perl book (Doug and
Lincoln) <bo...@modperl.com>
    DSLI_STATUS  bdpf (beta,developer,perl,functions)
    INST_FILE    (not installed)

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://apachetoday.com http://logilune.com/