Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by darul <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/30 14:37:14 UTC

Sort by geoDist() syntax error on 3.5

Hello,

Looking in threads to find the correct syntax, I have not found any
solutions to get right syntax on sorting by distance.

Here query with no sort :

With sort activated, it throws an exception :

I have tried:

No success.

Schema:

Thanks in advance, I really need it as you may imagine.

Jul

RE: Sort by geoDist() syntax error on 3.5

Posted by Steven A Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
No, it's not.

If I follow the link below your email to nabble.com, I can read your message, including your suggested correct syntax - I'll quote it below for you, and since I don't use nabble, everyone who reads this list will be able to see it:

====
> Correct syntax may be :
>
> select?q=%20&start=0&rows=8&qt=event&fl=*,geodata,%20score&fq={!geofilt}&pt=48.867,2.333&sfield=geodata&d=20&sort=geodist()%20asc
====

If you depend on people to follow a link to nabble.com to read your message, I'm afraid you won't get a lot of readers - people expect to be able to read through their own mail readers.

Steve

Posted by darul <da...@gmail.com>.
Is it readable now ?

Thanks Steve.

RE: Sort by geoDist() syntax error on 3.5

Posted by Steven A Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Hi darul,

Nobody got your suggested "Correct syntax": Nabble.com strips markup, e.g. XML, from emails that you send through them.

I have complained to them about this problem through their support channel repeatedly, and you can see the result: they have done nothing to fix the problem.

My suggestion: find a different provider who won't trash your messages.

Nabble, if you're listening: get it together!

Steve