Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Len, Peter" <pl...@orionsci.com> on 2000/11/03 23:48:40 UTC

Tomcat3.1 & Solaris2.7 - shutdown.sh does NOT work?

Hello,

I just installed Tomcat 3.1 on my solaris 2.7 machine.  I have set my
TOMCAT_HOME and JAVA_HOME.  It started up fine but when I went to run
shutdown.sh it did not shutdown the listener.  Everything seemed fine;
it displayed the 'Using classpath...' message from tomcat.sh and then
the typical 'Stop tomcat'.  There were no errors or any other sign that
would indicate the listener (port 8080) did not shut down, but it was
still running. I had to kill the process manually.  This has never
happened on my Win98, NT, or solaris 2.6 platforms.

Has anyone seen this behavior??

Thanks,

Peter Len