Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Eugene <ht...@infosatgeomatica.com> on 2004/09/10 07:08:53 UTC

Re[2]: [users@httpd] Multiple Virtual Hosts Problem

Hello operationsengineer1. I dont know how can affect mcafee the
Apache behaviour but I'm sure that any inproperly configured firewall
can work in unpredictable way for server. I never confugured PHP as CGI because of
security reasons, but I will give you my config from development box
on Win 2003. I can assure you that on two servers on Windows and on
my home computer all works fine.

httpd.conf:
==============================
ServerAdmin webmaster@host.com
ServerName host.com:80
UseCanonicalName Off
DocumentRoot "F:/webexec/apache_home/apache2/htdocs"
<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride All
</Directory>
<Directory "F:/webexec/apache_home/apache2/htdocs">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes
    AllowOverride All
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    AddHandler type-map var
    AddHandler server-parsed .html
    AddType text/html .shtml
    AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.shtml index.asp index.aspx index.html.var index.php index.php3 index.jsp index.jspx
</Directory>

LoadFile "F:/webexec/apache_home/apache2/bin/php5ts.dll"
LoadModule php5_module modules/php5apache2.dll
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php3 .phtml
PHPIniDir "F:/webexec/apache_home/php501"

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@host.com
    DocumentRoot F:/webexec/apache_home/apache2/htdocs/
    ServerName host.com
    ServerAlias *.host.com
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "F:/webexec/apache_home/apache2/cgi-bin/"
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@site.com
    DocumentRoot F:/webexec/apache_home/apache2/htdocs/clients/site.com/public_html/
    ServerName site.com
    ServerAlias *.site.com
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ F:/webexec/apache_home/apache2/htdocs/clients/site.com/cgi-bin/
    ErrorLog F:/webexec/apache_home/apache2/htdocs/clients/site.com/logs/site_com_error.log
    CustomLog F:/webexec/apache_home/apache2/htdocs/clients/site.com/logs/site_com_access.log common
</VirtualHost>
==============================

hosts:
==============================
127.0.0.1       localhost host.com
127.0.0.2       site.com

php.ini:
doc_root = "F:/webexec/apache_home/apache2/htdocs"
user_dir = "F:/webexec/apache_home/apache2/htdocs"

Thats all the configuration that you need. If something didnt work -
you should look in logs or in service messages. Set inbound TCP access on
port 80 for your firewall and disable any autoconfiguration for
firewall - you should set all manually.