Posted to dev@beehive.apache.org by Eddie O'Neil <ek...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/13 21:49:28 UTC

combining netui/src/core and netui/src/util

All--

  I'd like to combine these two source modules as they're both related
to the low-level NetUI infrastructure and create problematic circular
dependencies for some of the chaining / command stuff I'm working on.

  Let me know if anyone sees any problems with this.  Thanks

Eddie

Re: combining netui/src/core and netui/src/util

Posted by Eddie O'Neil <ek...@gmail.com>.
  Yeah, it is a little odd -- the split between all of these things.
We could mash them all together...

  For now, I worked around it by putting the configuration / parser
code for commands and chains into the util.config.internal package and
putting the chain impl in the core.chain package.  As it happened,
these two (parser and runtime) were loosely coupled enough that they
could be split like this.  :)

  So, I'm fine leaving it.  Carlin, thanks for pointing out those
dependencies again before I started moving files around the tree.

Eddie

Posted by Daryl Olander <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlin Rogers <ca...@gmail.com>.
These used to be in the same source module before but I thought there was an
issue involved in dependencies with the scoping package and so we separated
the two. I found this thread in the archives...

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/beehive-dev/200507.mbox/%3c42D2D46F.1020208@gmail.com%3e

I think the same dependency issue may still exist. The core package takes a