Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/25 16:20:25 UTC

Re: Correct way to provide static config data to a connector

Hi Ashutosh,

We don't usually recommend configuring anything via files, because in a
multi-process cluster there's no guarantee that those files will be
present.  In addition, connection-specific configuration should generally
be done using the UI with the standard connector mechanisms provided, so
that we can track changes etc.

If you have a number of parameters that are *not* connection specific, you
can put these into properties.xml or global-properties.xml.  The latter is
cross-cluster-member, and the latter is specific to each cluster process
and is intended to be individual.

If you have other data that just hard-wired, then yes, you will probably do
best building it into your connector jar as a resource.

Karl

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 12:02 PM, <as...@wipro.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I want to provide some static configuration data to my connector through a
> property/xml file.
>

> As I understand, this can be achieved by: a) bundling the property/xml
> file into the connector jar and reading it in the connector or, b) placing
> the property/xml file in the file-resources folder and loading the
> properties file in the connector
>

> Am I on the right track? Is this the correct way to use file-resources or
> should I look at a different approach?
>

> Pls note that I only have key value pair type static data.
>

> Regards
>
> -Ashutosh Rai

> this message and any attachments. WARNING: Computer viruses can be
> transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any
> attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability
> www.wipro.com

RE: Correct way to provide static config data to a connector

Posted by as...@wipro.com.
Okay. Thanks Karl.

Will explore it and revert if I need any further clarification.

Regards
-Ashutosh Rai

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ashutosh,