Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Matt Fury <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2003/10/08 18:43:13 UTC

Re: Tomcat and Active Directory / 2003

BTW: I am using 4.1.27 on Windows 2000 and we're
trying to connect to a Windows 2003 AD. Has this
changed at all?

here is the error trace:

Catalina.start: LifecycleException:  Exception opening
directory server connecti
on:  javax.naming.CommunicationException:
localhost:389 [Root exception is java.
net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]
LifecycleException:  Exception opening directory
server connection:  javax.namin
g.CommunicationException: localhost:389 [Root
exception is java.net.ConnectExcep
tion: Connection refused: connect]

It keeps saying localhost:389 and I clearly don't have
it in the Realm. Here is my setup.

<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm"
	  		 debug="99"
	  		 connectionName="cn=TomcatRole,dc=vo,dc=net"
	  		 connectionPassword="*******"
	  		 connectionURL="ldap://orlmsdc001:389"
	  		 digest="MD5"
	  		 roleBase="dc=roles,dc=vo,dc=net"
	  		 roleName="cn"
	  		 roleSearch="(uniqueMember={0})"
	  		 roleSubtree="True"
	  		 userPassword="*******"
	  		 userPattern="cn={0},dc=vacationsonly,dc=net"  />

Posted by Matt Fury <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Hey Thanks for the reply.

Tried all those to no avail. :-/ I did see the Tomcat
realm how-to but I was wondering if there were issues
because it is Micro$oft we're trying to connect to and
its 2003. Who knows, their "standard" ldap may not be
standard.

-Matt

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/realm-howto.html#JNDIRealm

Posted by Yann C�bron <ya...@yahoo.de>.