Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Animesh Chaturvedi - US <an...@allegronetworks.com> on 2001/04/21 05:10:40 UTC

Tomcat3.21 not starting properly with apache

Hi I am trying to run Tomcat 3.2.1 with Apache 1.3.17. i am using Kaffe JVM
and NetBSD and mod_jserv.

Tomcat 3.2.1 works fine as standalone in my environment.

When I try to run it with apache and SSL. I get an error in apache error_log

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tomcat/util/xml/XmlMapper
at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:235) .
I checked the classpath and its showing the corrcet webserver.jar in
classpath.
Since the same webserver.jar works well in standalone mode. I guess there is
something else to this.
I tried searching on tomcat-list archive but could not find anything.
I had been running Tomcat3.1.1 successfully on my environment.
Let me know whats going wrong.

Thanks in advance

Animesh