Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/18 23:21:47 UTC

Re: Persisting cache on file system

Hi,

Can you please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community
can receive email notifications? Here is the instruction:

hemanta wrote
> I want to persist my full cached data on file system so that I can get
> cache available on server re-start without recreating it.
>
> Is there a way to do this in Ignite? Please point to me to some
> documentation.

You can have any persistence strategy by implementing the CacheStore
interface [1]. It's an abstract pluggable storage that can be a database,
noSQL, filesystem or anything else.

In addition, Ignite provides in-memory file system that can use HDFS as a
backend. Probably this can be useful for your use case. Please refer to [2]
for details.

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/persistent-store
[2] https://apacheignite-fs.readme.io/docs/in-memory-file-system

-Val