Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by David Robley <da...@robley.net.au> on 2021/03/09 22:37:38 UTC

Re: Open Office Writer. How to set default font and other page defaults

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=1161

As a courtesy I have forwarded a copy of this reply to you as well as to
the mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at
<us...@openoffice.apache.org> - replies to my personal email address
will be ignored.

On 9/3/21 11:45 pm, Juliet Blackburn wrote:
> I have tried numerous times to set my font (forever!) in Open Office Writer, but it keeps flipping back.
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=1161
>    I find the Help section useless on this and I have tried the community forums etc to no avail.   I wonder whether it might be a problem with operating Open Office on an Apple iMac,  since I am offered a load of Apple fonts too.
>
> I also want to permanently set my files to save as Microsoft XP/2000 files.

I strongly recommend you don't do this; save your files in native ODF
(Open Document Format) and if needed to send to others, complete the
document and Save As to a foreign format.

As a courtesy I have forwarded a copy of this reply to you as well as to
the mailing list. Do Not reply to me personally but just to the list at
<us...@openoffice.apache.org> - replies to my personal email address
will be ignored.

> Thanks,
>
> Juliet

Cheers
--
David Robley

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine.