Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Rafael Martínez Torres <ra...@novagnet.com> on 2003/04/08 19:02:18 UTC

IO::Socket::INET6

Hi folks:

Firstly I aplogize if this is not the correct list to send this patch
proposal, but I did understand "core modules" as those distributed with
the current stable.tar.gz, and my patch is concerning IO::Socket module...

I do propose a very simple patch enabling and Object interface for INET6
domains sockets. It has been programmed by following strictly  the twin
Object module INET6 module, and it uses the the Socket-0.11.tar.gz
available at www.cpa.org (use Socket6).

This may cause a problem, not compiling, ("make") but testing ("make
test") due to dependency problems. IO::Socket::INET6.pm requires
Socket6, and Socket6 is not a core module... However , you can further
install your Socket6 module and use it without problems... May be you
could consider the possibility to incorporate the "Socket6" module as
"core module" inside the stable.tar.gz.

Hope you to find it interesting ( I'm using to port MRTG IPv6 available...).

See the README file

Regards. Im a newbie.

Re: IO::Socket::INET6

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Rafael Martínez Torres wrote:
> Hi folks:
>
> Firstly I aplogize if this is not the correct list to send this patch
> proposal, but I did understand "core modules" as those distributed with
> the current stable.tar.gz, and my patch is concerning IO::Socket module...

you must have confused the modperl dev list with p5p. But you probably want to
contact Graham...