Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Christian Eugster <ch...@bluewin.ch> on 2004/03/10 15:50:27 UTC

Failing Connect without Exception

Hi

I am using rc4 and I test my application by trying to connect to a shut-down
mysql-server to see what happens:

broker = PersistenceBrokerFactory.createPersistenceBroker(new PBKey(id));

I thought that a failing connection should throw an exception, but it does
not. It is important for me to know, if a connection has been established
successfully or not. What have i to do, to find out, if a connection really
did establish successfully?

Many Thanks for your help!

Christian

Re: Failing Connect without Exception

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de>.
instantiating a broker does not open connections, so why should it throw
any db related exception at that time?

Thomas