Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Karr, David" <da...@cacheflow.com> on 2001/07/11 23:42:33 UTC

Using jmeter for functional (white-box) testing of a web server

I've just started looking at jmeter, to see if it can help me with white-box
testing of a specialized HTTP server.  It's apparent that jmeter is good for
load testing, but it's not clear whether it would be good for detailed
functional testing.  Are there any issues or plans for jmeter wrt functional
testing?  I believe I read one vague "todo" item about enhancing its
functional testing capabilities.