Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Pavel <pa...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/25 17:19:17 UTC

per user PortletPreferences

Hi,

I was able to successfully embed Pluto 1.1beta2 into my project
(Hurray!) and now I am trying to figure out how PortletPreferences work
with Pluto. I want to be able to have PortletPreferences on a per-user
basis. For example: IFrame portlet that stores IFrame URL in
PortletPreferences but different users set different URLs through EDIT
mode. Or Email portlet that stores POP3 host/username/password in the
same way. Or Weather portlet with a per-user city setting...  Is this an
appropriate use case for PortletPreferences? I know that IBM WebSphere
Portal supports it and it doesn't seem to be out of the scope of JSR-168
-- container has the right to provide whatever PortletPreferences
instance it wants... right?

So, if I'm on the right track, could you please direct me to a spot in
SPI or documentation somewhere?

Thanks.

Pavel Jbanov

Re: per user PortletPreferences

Posted by Pavel J <pa...@gmail.com>.
Sorry guys, it's just me and my habit of asking dumb questions before
RTFM...
  org.apache.pluto.spi.optional.PortletPreferencesService

And it looks like org.apache.pluto.core.DefaultPortletPreferencesService
already does _exactly_ what I asked about. Though it looks like I'll
have to extend it a little... with a persistent storage for one...

Pavel