Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Junping Du <jd...@hortonworks.com> on 2017/09/11 00:00:08 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.2 (RC0)

Hi folks,
     With fix of HADOOP-14842 get in, I've created our first release candidate (RC0) for Apache Hadoop 2.8.2.

     Apache Hadoop 2.8.2 is the first stable release of Hadoop 2.8 line and will be the latest stable/production release for Apache Hadoop - it includes 305 new fixed issues since 2.8.1 and 63 fixes are marked as blocker/critical issues.

      More information about the 2.8.2 release plan can be found here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Hadoop+2.8+Release

      New RC is available at: http://home.apache.org/~junping_du/hadoop-2.8.2-RC0

      The RC tag in git is: release-2.8.2-RC0, and the latest commit id is: e6597fe3000b06847d2bf55f2bab81770f4b2505

      The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org at: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1062

      Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 days, ending on 09/15/2017 5pm PST time.

Thanks,

Junping

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.2 (RC0)

Posted by Junping Du <jd...@hortonworks.com>.
Miklos just ping me offline that a security fix should get landed to resolve a docker runtime issue. I will retrieval RC0 for security fixes landing.
In the mean while, if people here really think a document here is necessary (although not enough verification to work as an alpha feature) and can work out a patch soon, I am open to accept it.

Thanks,

Junping

Posted by Daniel Templeton <da...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Daniel Templeton <da...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Daniel Templeton <da...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Daniel Templeton <da...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.
-1 (binding)

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.
-1 (binding)

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.
-1 (binding)

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.
-1 (binding)

Posted by Miklos Szegedi <mi...@cloudera.com>.
Hello Junping,

Posted by Miklos Szegedi <mi...@cloudera.com>.
Hello Junping,

Posted by Mingliang Liu <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.
Thanks Junping Du.

+1 (non-binding)

-Built from source
-Installed HA cluster
-Executed basic shell commands
-Ran sample jobs
-Verified HDFS/YARN UI.

--Brahma Reddy Battula

On Mon, 11 Sep 2017 at 5:30 AM, Junping Du <jd...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>      With fix of HADOOP-14842 get in, I've created our first release
> candidate (RC0) for Apache Hadoop 2.8.2.
>
>      Apache Hadoop 2.8.2 is the first stable release of Hadoop 2.8 line
> and will be the latest stable/production release for Apache Hadoop - it
> includes 305 new fixed issues since 2.8.1 and 63 fixes are marked as
> blocker/critical issues.
>
>       More information about the 2.8.2 release plan can be found here:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Hadoop+2.8+Release
>
>       New RC is available at:
> http://home.apache.org/~junping_du/hadoop-2.8.2-RC0
>
>       The RC tag in git is: release-2.8.2-RC0, and the latest commit id
> is: e6597fe3000b06847d2bf55f2bab81770f4b2505
>
>       The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1062
>
>       Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5
> days, ending on 09/15/2017 5pm PST time.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Junping
>
> --

--Brahma Reddy Battula

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.2 (RC0)

Posted by Mingliang Liu <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.
Thanks Junping Du.

+1 (non-binding)

-Built from source
-Installed HA cluster
-Executed basic shell commands
-Ran sample jobs
-Verified HDFS/YARN UI.

--Brahma Reddy Battula

On Mon, 11 Sep 2017 at 5:30 AM, Junping Du <jd...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>      With fix of HADOOP-14842 get in, I've created our first release
> candidate (RC0) for Apache Hadoop 2.8.2.
>
>      Apache Hadoop 2.8.2 is the first stable release of Hadoop 2.8 line
> and will be the latest stable/production release for Apache Hadoop - it
> includes 305 new fixed issues since 2.8.1 and 63 fixes are marked as
> blocker/critical issues.
>
>       More information about the 2.8.2 release plan can be found here:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Hadoop+2.8+Release
>
>       New RC is available at:
> http://home.apache.org/~junping_du/hadoop-2.8.2-RC0
>
>       The RC tag in git is: release-2.8.2-RC0, and the latest commit id
> is: e6597fe3000b06847d2bf55f2bab81770f4b2505
>
>       The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1062
>
>       Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5
> days, ending on 09/15/2017 5pm PST time.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Junping
>
> --

--Brahma Reddy Battula

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.2 (RC0)

Posted by Mingliang Liu <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.
Thanks Junping Du.

+1 (non-binding)

-Built from source
-Installed HA cluster
-Executed basic shell commands
-Ran sample jobs
-Verified HDFS/YARN UI.

--Brahma Reddy Battula

On Mon, 11 Sep 2017 at 5:30 AM, Junping Du <jd...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>      With fix of HADOOP-14842 get in, I've created our first release
> candidate (RC0) for Apache Hadoop 2.8.2.
>
>      Apache Hadoop 2.8.2 is the first stable release of Hadoop 2.8 line
> and will be the latest stable/production release for Apache Hadoop - it
> includes 305 new fixed issues since 2.8.1 and 63 fixes are marked as
> blocker/critical issues.
>
>       More information about the 2.8.2 release plan can be found here:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Hadoop+2.8+Release
>
>       New RC is available at:
> http://home.apache.org/~junping_du/hadoop-2.8.2-RC0
>
>       The RC tag in git is: release-2.8.2-RC0, and the latest commit id
> is: e6597fe3000b06847d2bf55f2bab81770f4b2505
>
>       The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1062
>
>       Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5
> days, ending on 09/15/2017 5pm PST time.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Junping
>
> --

--Brahma Reddy Battula

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.2 (RC0)

Posted by Mingliang Liu <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.
Thanks Junping Du.

+1 (non-binding)

-Built from source
-Installed HA cluster
-Executed basic shell commands
-Ran sample jobs
-Verified HDFS/YARN UI.

--Brahma Reddy Battula

On Mon, 11 Sep 2017 at 5:30 AM, Junping Du <jd...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>      With fix of HADOOP-14842 get in, I've created our first release
> candidate (RC0) for Apache Hadoop 2.8.2.
>
>      Apache Hadoop 2.8.2 is the first stable release of Hadoop 2.8 line
> and will be the latest stable/production release for Apache Hadoop - it
> includes 305 new fixed issues since 2.8.1 and 63 fixes are marked as
> blocker/critical issues.
>
>       More information about the 2.8.2 release plan can be found here:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Hadoop+2.8+Release
>
>       New RC is available at:
> http://home.apache.org/~junping_du/hadoop-2.8.2-RC0
>
>       The RC tag in git is: release-2.8.2-RC0, and the latest commit id
> is: e6597fe3000b06847d2bf55f2bab81770f4b2505
>
>       The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1062
>
>       Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5
> days, ending on 09/15/2017 5pm PST time.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Junping
>
> --

--Brahma Reddy Battula